Selecting The Right Size
Use these guidelines to estimate how much storage space you'll need. Or... make a list and we'll help you select a space that's just right.
Pack Like The Pros Do
To protect your things, it's important to pack things like the Pros:
2. Use packing items such as sealing tape, padding, bubble wrap, wrapping paper, and oversized plastic storage bags, to keep out insects, moisture, dust. Vinyl furniture covers for couches, chair, mattress sets, etc.
3. Disassemble furniture, remove table legs or turn upside down, store table on edge, place all furniture on pallets for air circulation, prevent moisture damage.
4. Hang clothes in garment boxes. Pack shoes, sweaters and other folded clothes in the bottom.
5. Store couches on end (on pallets to allow air circulation), remove cushions, store on top, stack garment boxes in the cushion area.
6. Pack the inside space of refrigerator, (leave the door
partially open) washer and dryer and every piece of furniture.
7. Place items you'll need most often near the front of your unit.
8. Store most valuable items (TV and stereo systems, skis) in the back of the unit.
9. To prevent boxes from collapsing, fill empty spaces with wads of paper, place larger heavier boxes on bottom, lighter and odd shaped items on top.
11. Use a quality lock, like the disk lock shown here.
Disc locks are like padlocks, except they have shroud
protected bars, making them harder to cut with bolt
Disc locks are among the best locks for storage units.